Join The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation (TAAF) in continuing our National Day of Aneurysm and AVM Awareness, Sunday, May 6, 2018! It's an incredible day with 2 easy ways to make a difference in our community!
1) TAAFWalk SF: Walk with us in San Francisco as we celebrate our 13th Annual Aneurysm and AVM Awareness Walk! Join hundreds of survivors, caregivers, medical professionals, and community members as we raise awareness and funds to support our programs, educational outreach, and research grants.
1 mile, 2 mile, and 5K walk routes will take you around historic Crissy Field to the base of the majestic Golden Gate Bridge. Afterwards, join us at the East Beach picnic and parking area for a celebration which includes food, raffle prizes, live music, and inspiring speakers.
2) TAAFWalk My Town: Can’t make it to SF? Raise awareness and make an impact on aneurysm and AVM research in your neighborhood; register as a "TAAFWalk My Town" participant. We can help you locate a favorite park, share accurate aneurysm/AVM facts, you name it. And remember, each TAAFWalk My Town participant receives a walk t-shirt and qualifies for the same fundraising gifts as those in SF*.
*TAAFWalk My Town gear ships after 5/6.
Walk-Up Registration will be available on-site the day of the Walk at the Registration and Check-In Table.
Registration Fee: $30
Help Support TAAF's Work:
Fundraising is not required but definitely encouraged! Every penny you raise helps better the medical care and support networks for those affected by brain aneurysm, AVM, and other vascular malformations of the brain.
Here are a few tools to help you fundraise and spread the word about the Annual Aneurysm and AVM Awareness Walk!
I want a personal web page where my supporters can visit to make a donation and leave comments in support of my walk.
I won't be fundraising this year, but I would like to make a general donation or tell others how to make a general donation to the Walk.
DETAILS for San Francisco
9:00am: Registration & Check In (East Beach picnic area)
9:45am: Opening Remarks
10:00am: Walk Kick Off (around Crissy Field)
10:30am - 1pm: Celebration, lunch and raffle drawing (East Beach picnic and parking area)
The 1-mile walk route circles the Crissy Field airfield, giving you views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Mark di Suvero's eight monumental steel sculptures.
The 2-mile walk route takes you from the airfield out to Fort Point at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge, giving you unique views of this world-famous destination.
The 5K walk route allows you take in the full scenic beauty of the area, stretching from the foot of the Golden Gate to the Crissy Field Marsh.
Join us for food, the rockin' music of local favorite The Cole Tate Band, and a celebration of the Aneurysm and AVM Community. We'll once again have our annual raffle with incredible prizes! Winners announced throughout celebration. Must be present to win.
Crissy Field and East Beach is ideal for picnics! Overlooking the San Francisco Bay with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge, we'll have light sandwiches, snacks, and cake along with musical entertainment.
What to Bring
- Comfortable/casual attire and shoes.
- A blanket to sit on. We’ll provide food, but feel free to bring your own picnic.
- Be prepared! San Francisco spring weather is unpredictable! The Walk happens rain or shine; bring sunscreen and a jacket.
Free parking is available at the East Beach Lot. It's first come, first served with access beginning at 8:45AM. There is additional free parallel parking alongside the entirety of Mason Street. Do no park at the Sports Basement lot. For paid parking options (max typically $8/day), consider using ParkMe. Most sites are within 5-10 minute walk of the East Beach picnic area.
If you're using GPS, use 1199 East Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129. Give yourself extra time in the morning and do not reply solely on GPS.